Friends Association of Barford School (FABS)
The aim of FABS is to help the school as much as possible by raising funds to purchase educational resources. The FABS committee is made up from a group of parents giving whatever time they can spare to organise fund raising events for the school. All parents automatically become members upon their children starting at the school, and are welcome to attend any FABS meetings.
“It is a good way to get to know other parents on a social level, as well as a way to become more involved with providing additional resources for the children's education”.
FABS raise a vast amount of money for new equipment, enabling the school to fund new stage lighting, an adventure trail, a new playground area at the side of the school, English & Maths resources, an amphitheatre, a story teller’s chair, laptops, iPads and interactive whiteboards plus many more items. In addition FABS funds have given children access to numerous events and activities including a pantomime in school each year and FABS regularly subsidises coaches for class trips.
Additional help is always welcome on the FABS committee. If you are interested then please ask your child’s class teacher to put you in contact with a member of the FABS committee or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Michelle Bun (Chairman)
Becs Fraser and Susie Bradshaw (Treasurers)
Katie Thomson (Secretary)
EVENTS - Click Here to View the Calendar (test link)
Trustees Report for the Year ending August 2018 -
Click here to Download
FABS organise a variety of events during the school year. The money they raise is used to provide resources or exciting opportunities for all of the pupils in school. It was decided many years ago that we would use the money so it would impact on every child in the school rather than being distributed towards individual classes and this works very well.
Below is an example of some of the items FABS have purchased:-
- 20 chrome books (Tablets)
- 10 IPads
- 6 Kindles
- 20 Laptops
- 2 computer storage cabinets
- Assessment books across the whole school in reading, spelling, grammar, maths and science
- Reading books for KS1
- Coach travel for the Pantomime and school trips
- Treats at Christmas
- Christmas entertainment for Pre-School, Reception and KS1
- Interactive Whiteboards in some of the classes
- Contributions towards the astro turf on the front play ground
- Flip video cameras
- A camera for each classroom
- Role Play Equipment for the Early Years
This is just in the past few years. As you can see it makes a huge difference to the resources for our children and as a school it makes us quite unique.
- Name Size
- minutes FABS meeting 9th June 17 0.09 MB
- FABS Newsletter summer 2017 0.09 MB
- FABS MEETING 14.11.2017 0.07 MB
- FABS MEETING 16.02.2018 0.06 MB