Working From Home
Please see the menu on the left hand side showing an entry for each Class.
Please select your class and proceed.
Class 6 in Lockdown.... (click image to view video)
We are thinking of you all.....
Online resources FREE for you in school or at home
Barford St Peter’s C of E Primary School COVID 19 EMOTIONAL WELLBEING PACK
Flipsnack - Whats Going On - Explaining Covid-19 to younger children
Information from RISE Mental Health in Schools Team
telephone access for parents/carers to Educational Psychology Service
Compass School Health Weekly Newsletter
Deepening Understanding (All Subjects)
White Rose Maths
Help your child with their studies with home learning. White Rose Maths has prepared a series of Maths lessons online for each year group from Year 1 to 8.
Supporting schools and pupils with maths teaching and learning remains our priority during these uncertain times. We want to ensure the support we provide continues whether it’s delivered in school or at home.
Our tutors are still delivering online 1-to-1 lessons and, if needed, any pupil signed up to the intervention with access to a laptop or computer can log in to our online classroom from home for their weekly online 1-to-1 maths lesson.
The Third Space Maths Hub continues to offer hundreds of free maths resources for all staff at your school. If you haven’t already, you can register for a free account here to access all free resources, guides and CPD videos.
To make accessing our resources even easier, we have collated a list of resources most appropriate for home-learning. You can view the full list here.
We will be adding additional resources and resource packs over the coming days and weeks designed specifically to ensure teachers are able to continue supporting their pupils in the event of school closures.
We’re currently working on ways to ensure we are providing the support needed for everyone involved in home-learning should schools close. We will be keeping schools updated with our developments in this area.
free activities to help children practise their maths skills
The activities cover the four operations, are easy to understand and can be completed independently or with family members.
Links to these resources are:
Addition & Subtraction:
Multiplication & Division:
You can find all our free resources at: https://dig1t.com/game-resources/
All our maths activities are designed to provide a fun and engaging way for children to practise their maths skills whilst deepening their understanding of numbers.
Stratford Literacy Festival. Stories read by their brilliant authors or draw along with some best-selling illustrators.
Dave the Dog - Coronavirus - A Nurse Dotty Book
Picture News for weekly packs
The weekly e-packs look at a different news story each week.
The packs include; an engaging poster with a ‘big question’, learning ideas and activities to complete.
Pobble - Story Writing
How to NOT go to School - Parsley Mimblewood saves the world!
Parents' Guide - Road to Emmaus
Elijah and the Followers of Baal & Parents’ Guide
Daniel and the Lions’ Den & Parents’ Guide
Video ... https://youtu.be/Lari7PqK0Y0
Joe Wickes Daily Workout
Noah Hargreaves’ Dad is a Military fitness instructor and is part of the training team for Stratford Rugby Club under 8s.
He has produced some childrens fitness videos on YouTube that he’s has been sharing with the club and our friends.
Warwickshire Music Weekly Newsletter
Warwickshire Music Hub - Upbeat Video .
Junk Samba Band Upbeat
This session invites pupils to make a junk percussion instrument and perform in a samba band. They will be provided with all the instructions and tuition they need to participate and should be encouraged to re-visit the video to practise and perfect their performance.
1. ‘First you make your fingers click’
A body percussion and vocal warm-up. Pupils are challenged to co-ordinate four body percussion sounds in time with the song which also becomes a round.
2. ‘Making and Creating’
Pupils are introduced to five different samba band instruments and shown how to make a junk percussion version of the same instruments at home. The rhythmic pattern for each instrument is taught using the ‘SAP-it!’ system where pupils ‘Say it’ then ‘Airplay it’ then ‘Perform it’.
3.‘Be in a Band’
Having learnt the INTRO, OUTRO and GROOVE patterns, pupils are invited to use their instrument to perform ‘Samba Reggae’. A play-along video showing all five instruments, plus leader, and players will provide visual and aural leads for children to follow. If pupils are encouraged to practise their parts then it is hoped there may be scope for a live performance some time in the future!
HAVE FUN EVERYONE ߘŠ
Upbeat Music to participate in
Upbeat video – parent guidance notes
In the video I explore the musical elements of rhythm, volume (or dynamics) and tempo (speed). I also touch briefly on pitch (how high or low a note is).
The programme of events is:
- ‘Coffee Pots’: voice/enunciation warm-up
- A brief full-body warm-up!
- ‘Lickety Split’: vocal warm-up incorporating changes of volume, tempo and pitch
- A brief discussion of rhythm, leading into the song ‘I’ve Got Rhythm’
- Body percussion based on pizza toppings, and some thoughts about pulse/beat and how this underpins rhythm
- Body percussion along with the backing track for ‘I’ve Got Rhythm’ – and a final sing-through of the song to round things off
Upbeat Music Video by Kieron Howe,
Link to - Parental Guide to Upbeat Video
Video Link - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEedQSECo8A
This week's video has been created by: Coreena O'Hagan
Guide to UpBeat Video 11
Hi, I'm Coreena from Warwickshire Music. Join in keeping the beat with me as we practise our body percussion and listening skills.
- Warm up and explore your voice with our funky warm up activities.
- Test your rhythm knowledge by matching the food to the correct rhythms
- learn to sing 'Tingalayo' adding all of the fun actions.
Video Link - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnToTWOpm0o
History of Activities provided by Warwick Castle
Launch of BBC Bitesize
The BBC has today launched an education package across TV and online, featuring celebrities and teachers, helping to keep children learning at home and supporting parents.
BBC Bitesize can be accessed here:
Classroom Secrets - Top level link
Google Classroom Login - KS2 Only - Select for guide to login.
Twinkl - Use Code UKTWINKLHELPS for a 1 month free scudbscription.
75th Anniversary of V.E.Day -
GOVERNMENT SUPPLIED RESOURCES
Government Suggestions for Parents
MFL ( Modern Foreign Languages)
With the impact of the coronavirus creating uncertainty, will staff be in? will children need home support? LCF is making available its online resources for Primary FREE for the next 3 months.
Simply use the master promo code LCF2020sch to create a single user login at Babelzone (French/Spanish) Englishzone (games/Phonics) or MathsZone for any pupil or teacher.
Links to all these sites are on our homepage www.lcfclubs.com
For queries please email firstname.lastname@example.org or to UNSUBSCRIBE reply with ‘unsub’ as subject to this email.
- Name Size
- EYFS Phonics and spelling 0.23 MB
- EYFS Writing 1 0.37 MB
- Spellings and Phonics Y1 2 0.24 MB
- Spellings LKS2 2 0.24 MB
- Spellings UKS2 1 0.27 MB
- Y2 Phonics and spelling 0.54 MB
- Year 1 Writing 0.32 MB
- Year 2 Writing 0.28 MB
- Year 3 Writing 1 0.59 MB
- Year 4 Writing 0.39 MB
- Year 5 Writing 0.50 MB
- Year 6 Writing 0.41 MB
- A Day1 A Z challenge 1 0.34 MB
- B Day2 A Z challenge 0.44 MB
- C Day3 A Z challenge 0.52 MB
- D Day4 A Z challenge 0.51 MB
- E Day5 A Z challenge 0.40 MB
- 2020 Covid 19 time capsule sheets 0.68 MB
- Healthy Futures Board Game 0.23 MB
- holy week ideas from dbe 3april2020.pdf 0.84 MB
- F Day6 A Z challenge1 0.38 MB
- G Day7 A Zchallenge1 0.48 MB
- H Day8 A Zchallenge1 0.46 MB
- I Day9 A Z challenge1 0.55 MB
- J Day10 A Z challenge 0.53 MB
- K Day11 A Z challenge 0.37 MB
- L Day12 A Z challenge 0.50 MB
- M Day13 A Z challenge 0.45 MB
- Netball Day14 A Z 0.42 MB
- OAA Day15 A Z challenge 0.53 MB
- PB Day16 A Z challenge 0.33 MB
- QuickSticks Day17 A Z challenge 0.46 MB
- Rounders Day18 A Zchallenge 0.50 MB
- S Day19 A Z challenge 0.51 MB
- T Day20 A Z challenge 0.55 MB
- U Day21 A Z challenge 1 0.41 MB
- V Day22 A Z challenge1 0.54 MB
- W Day23 A Z challenge 0.53 MB
- Think Active School Closure Support 0.24 MB
- X Day24 A Z challenge 0.73 MB
- Y Day25 A Z challenge 0.36 MB
- Z Day26 A Z challenge 0.44 MB