Below are details regarding SEND
All Warwickshire Local Authority (LA) maintained schools have a similar approach to meeting the needs of pupils with Special Educational Needs and are supported by the LA to ensure that all pupils, regardless of their specific needs, make the best possible progress in school.
All schools are supported to be as inclusive as possible, with the needs of pupils with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) being met in a mainstream setting wherever possible.
The four broad ‘areas of need’ are Communication and Interaction, Cognition and Learning, Social, Emotional and Mental Health Difficulties, and Sensory and Physical Needs.
What is the Local Offer?
- The Children and Families Bill is now law from September 2014. From this date, Local Authorities and schools are required to publish and keep under review information about services they expect to be available for the children and young people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) aged 0-25. This is the ‘Local Offer’.
- The intention of the Local Offer is to improve choice and transparency for families. It will also be an important resource for parents in understanding the range of services and provision in the local area.
- The Local Offer is available at www.warwickshire.gov.uk/send
The School SEN Information Report
This utilizes the LA Local Offer to meet the needs of SEND pupils as determined by school policy, and the provision that the school is able to meet.
If your Child has Special Educational Needs, what can we at Barford St Peter’s C of E Primary School (VA)?
At Barford St Peter’s C of E Primary School (VA), we embrace the fact that every child is different, and, therefore, the educational needs of every child are different; this is certainly the case for children with Special Educational Needs. See the document below:-
- Name Size
- Barford St Peters C of E Primary School SEN Information Report Core Offer 1 2019 02 07 0.15 MB
In this section
- Statutory Information
- Latest Inspection Report
- Pupil Premium
- Individual Pupil Needs
- P.E. Grant
- Childline/CEOP Information
- Administering Medicines
- Information regarding SEND
- Procedures and Policies
- Assessment Overview
- Equality Objectives Statement
- Data Protection and GDPR
- COVID 19 Risk Assessment